- We gather information from you, your transactions with us, and outside sources.
- We use your information only to conduct our business and provide insurance to you.
- We will share your information with other agents or brokers.
- We will not share your information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- We limit access to your information and use safeguards to help protect it.
- You may review and correct your information.
What information do you collect about me?
We collect information about you to quote and service your insurance policy. This is called “Nonpublic Personal Information” if it identifies you and is not available to the public. Depending on the product, we collect it from some or all of the following sources. We have provided a few examples for each source, but not all may apply to you.
- Application Information: You provide this on your application, through your agent or broker, by phone, or online. We may also obtain it from directories and other outside sources. It includes your name, street and e-mail addresses, phone number, driver’s license number, Social Security number, date of birth, gender, marital status, type of vehicle, and information about other drivers.
- Transaction Information: This is information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. It includes your insurance coverages, limits and rates, and payment and claims history. It also includes information that we require for billing and payment.
- Web site information: This information is unique to Internet transactions. It includes the Web site that linked you to ours, your computer operating system, and the pages you viewed on our site. Some Web sites, including ours, may also store “cookies” on your computer. Cookies collect technical data, like your Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, and session ID. They can also save certain information entered by you.
Who might get information about me from you?
We will share information about you only as permitted by law. We will not share your Nonpublic Personal Information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent. There is no need to “opt out” or tell us not to do this.
Disclosures include those that we feel are required to provide insurance claims or customer service, prevent fraud, perform research or comply with the law. Recipients include, for example, our family of insurance companies, claims representatives, service providers, consumer reporting agencies, insurance agents and brokers, law enforcement, courts and government agencies. These parties may disclose the information to others as permitted by law. For example, Consumer reporting agencies may disclose Transaction Information received from us to other insurance companies with which you do business.
Where permitted by law, we may also disclose Application or Transaction Information to service providers that help us market our products. These service providers may include financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
How do you protect my information?
We restrict access to your Nonpublic Personal Information to our employees and others who we feel must use it to provide our products and services. Their use of the information is limited by law, our employee code of conduct, and written agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information.
Our family of insurance companies
For a list of companies within our family of insurance companies, click here.
Is there additional information for Web site visitors?
Yes. When you visit our Web sites, we use the information we collect to provide services to you. We use Web Site Information to help understand what you want so that we can enhance your online experience. For example, if you start an insurance quote on our Web site, but decide to finish it later, we will save your information so you can pick up where you left off. We also use Web Site Information to analyze use of our Web sites. Information that does not identify you, or that you give us for contests and surveys, may be used for marketing purposes.
We may use advertising companies to display our ads on Web sites. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to Web sites, together with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online and offline sources, to provide ads about goods and services of interest to you. In addition, we may share Web site usage information with these companies to manage and target ads and for market research. We and our ad companies may note some of the pages you visit on our site through Web beacons. While serving ads to this site, our ad companies may place or recognize unique cookies on your computer.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to reject all cookies. You do this by changing the settings on your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla Firefox, etc.). Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to modify its settings to reflect your cookie preferences. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not have access to many features that make your Web experience smoother, and some of our services may not function properly.
Why do you ask for my e-mail address?
When you quote or buy insurance on our Web site, we collect your e-mail address so that we can send you e-mails concerning your transactions with us, and other information we think you’ll find useful.
To ensure you get our e-mails, our service provider or we may receive confirmations when you open them or click through e-mail links. These confirmations may also show whether your e-mail application supports graphics, so we can tailor our messages to you.
We will share your e-mail address with your selected agent or broker. We will not share your e-mail address with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
What about Web site security?
Our security measures help ensure that your data is secured and encrypted, so that others cannot access it while in transit. We limit access to our servers and require our employees to adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity in performing their jobs.
What about links to other Web sites?
Our Web site contains links to other sites that are not ours. These links are solely for your convenience. We make no warranties or representations about other Web sites. We recommend that you read the privacy and security policies of these sites.